Register online for a class or workshop! (Or email us at email@example.com to send you a PayPal invoice)
(Our new Covid rules to help keep everyone safe are at the Bottom of this post)
Summer 2020 Schedule
Kids Art: Summer Art
Meets Tuesday: July 7th, 14th and 21st from 2:00- 3:00 PM
Kids will create super fun Summer themed art outside at The Golden Button. Each week explore fun new supplies and mediums. Create awesome sculptures, use clay, wood, paint canvases and more! Class meets for 3 weeks. Cost: $50 plus $20 supply fee.
Teen and Adult Outdoor Painting
Meets Wednesdays: July 8, 15, and 22nd from 5:00 PM- 6:00PM
Teens (age 13 and up) and adults will have fun relaxing and painting outdoors. Draw or paint on canvas, work on your skills! We will be working in Acrylic paint and other fun mediums. You pick your own subjects. Miss Kate will help guide you. Relax and be creative. Cost: $60 plus $20 supply fee
Little Kids Art: Colors of the Rainbow
Meets Thursdays: July 9, 16, and 23rd from 11:00-11:45 AM
Little kids will have a blast exploring the colors of the rainbow with lots of fun art projects! Make a fun painting, a rainbow sculpture, some circle art and more!!! 3 weeks cost is $50
Lots of Sewing
Meets Thursdays: July 16, 23, and 30th from 2:00-3:30 PM
Create projects that combine hand sewing and machine sewing! Children will learn how to read patterns and how to make fun summer projects. Please bring your sewing machine, manual and your sewing boxes, pins, etc. COST: $105
(Planning ahead… Beginner and Adult Sewing added in August)
Mini Summer Camps
Mini Summer Camp: Deep Blue Ocean
July 6, 7, and 8th from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Kids of all ages are invited to explore the deep blue ocean! Create an awesome sandcastle sculpture, a 3- D jelly fish and more fun ocean themed art! Paint, sculpture and more! 3 days. cost: $50
Mini Summer Camp: Mixed Media Art
July 6, 7, 8, and 9th from 12:30 to 1:30 PM
Kids of all ages will create fun artwork using lots of fun mediums. Make an awesome 3-d painting, create fantastic melted crayon art, and make a nature sculpture and more while exploring messy mediums. 4 days. Cost: $65
Mini Summer Camp: Wild Animal Art
July 13, 14, and 15th from 11:00-12:00 PM
Kids of all ages are invited to explore their favorite animals! Make an awesome giant painting or create a fantastic world for your critters to live in! Paint Sculpture and more! Cost: $50
Mini Summer Camp: Fabric Dyeing
July 13, 14, 15 and 16th from 12:30-1:30 PM
This class is great for sewers!!! Join us for this super fun (super messy) fabric dyeing class. Using different methods we will create several pieces of fabric for you to use in sewing projects. (You can also bring a new or used cotton t-shirt to dye) Cost: $76 (Great for kids over 7 years old)
Mini Summer Camp: Ice Cream
July 20, 21, and 22nd from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Keep cool at The Golden Button. Join us to cool off and create some super fun Summer treats! Projects include an ultimate ice cream sundae painting, a Popsicle sculpture and some other fun projects. 3 days. cost: $50
Mini Summer Camp: Sewing
July 20, 21, 22 and 23rd from 12:30 to 1:30 PM
Create projects that combine hand sewing and machine sewing! Children will create super fun summer themed projects each day! Please bring your sewing machine, manual and your sewing boxes, pins, etc. 4 days. COST: $65
Paint Pouring Workshop
Wednesday, July 8th from 3:30-4:30 PM
Join us for this awesome paint pouring workshop. Learn how to create awesome abstract paintings. Create two different paintings with your favorite colors. We will do two different paint pouring techniques and have so much fun!!! Cost: $30 for one or $55 for two participants who come together and can sit together.
Embroidery Crafternoon: Florals
Wednesday, July 15th from 3:30-4:30 PM
Come for this relaxing embroidery time. Each participant will create a small floral piece while they relax outdoors. Pick your favorite colors! Learn how to make fancy flowers. Take home your own sewing kit!! (an embroidery hoop, needle, extra fabric and several strands of thread)
Adult/ Child Paint Night: Ocean Painting
Time and Date to be announced
Join us for this super fun paint night.!!!!!!. Create a sparkly shiny water painting with shells and stones and even add a 3-d shell or ocean treasure. Kids and Adults will have so much fun! This is a really fun play date! Cost: $55 for one Adult with one child! $75 for one adult and 2 children.
Ice Dyeing T-shirt Workshop
Time and Date to be announced
Join us for this awesome, different and very cool way to create your own custom ice dyed shirts, clothing, pillowcases or even sheets!!!! (Bring two or three white (Whiteish or light colored, No dark fabrics, no words or designs.. Must be cotton to dye) We will supply the rest!!!!
Cost: $30 for one or $55 for two participants who come together and can sit together.
Kids Paint Night: Unicorn
Time and Date to be announced
Join us for this super fun paint night. Come and create a super shimmery Unicorn painting! Add metallic or rainbow mane and glitter! Miss Kate will guide you through step by step. This is a really fun social distancing play date! Cost: $30 for one or $55 for two participants who come together and can sit together.
The Golden Button Arts & Craft Studio
122 South Pomperaug Ave. Woodbury, CT
(203) 910-9948 www.goldenbuttonshop.com firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Button Arts & Craft Studio is scheduled to re- open on July 6th with minimal classes and workshops… as we move forward we will add new classes and workshops as we go. Our plan is to open with outdoor classes. Class and workshop space is extremely limited and you must sign up ahead of time. You can do this by registering online at https://the-golden-button.square.site or contact Kate at email@example.com to send you a PayPal invoice.
Here are some new guidelines we must follow at the studio….
In accordance with local, state, and CDC guidelines, in our effort to create and maintain a safe and healthy setting for everyone, The Golden Button plans to implement the following new measures for onsite classes.
- Please do not send your child to the studio if they, anyone in your family, or anyone you have visited in the last two weeks shows any of the following symptoms of COVID-19.
Fever or chills, headache, congestion or runny nose, muscle or body aches, cough, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Only online class/ workshop registration required… We can send you a PayPal invoice if you don’t want to register on our online website.
- Max of 8 (or less) participants per class
- Disinfection of tables, materials, chairs, door handles and knobs, and the bathroom before
and after classes, and in between each session
- “participant only” bathrooms
- No visitors in the studio
- Ventilation of the studio before class each morning to bring in fresh air
- Curb-side Drop-off/ Pick-Up Only
- Assigned table seating. Families or caregivers can share a table
- Children/ Adults wearing masks (I believe that once you are in your place at your table you can remove your mask.. still confirming)
- Temperature checks during curbside check-in using touchless thermometer
- “Stay at Home” protocol for any kids who exhibit symptoms upon check-in
- Social distancing in the studio at all times.
- No food snacks in the studio (No lollipops… sorry)
- Each student or family enrolled in an ongoing class will receive a plastic bin with a lid to keep their own supplies safe and clean for the duration of the class. NO SHARING SUPPLIES
- At the beginning and end of class each child will use hand sanitizer or wash hands (we will have a hand washing station outside the studio! Please bring sanitizer or hand wipes)
- Wear appropriate clothing for art. The kids will get
dirty! No Smocks will be supplied at this time.
- If COVID-19 circumstances change, we reserve the right to cancel or adjust camp as
- For the safety of everyone in the school, if your child exhibits any symptoms detailed in
our COVID-19 Health and Safety below, you will be contacted, your child will be isolated, and you must pick up your child within 30 minutes. Be sure you have an emergency contact available for any emergency pick up each day your child is in camp. Please do not register your child for art camp if you do not have a designated emergency pick up adult in place.
Please be respectful of drop off and pick up times. We must perform disinfection procedures in between each class to keep everyone safe.